Thursday 9 February 2017

confectionary packaging / research

As highlighted within the brief, most of the popular confectionary packaging is either un-inspiringly traditional or overly garish and childish. I have highlighted this by creating a mood board of sweets packaging currently on the market:


Mainstream sweets and confectionary are usually just bought for instant gratification. I would like to create something that is mainstream and accessible, but something that people will want to savour and take joy in purchasing.

Here, I have looked at packaging that is more suited to aesthetics:





Many of these designs look like they are high-end and expensive. For this brief I would like to strike a balance between mainstream sweets and good design. I will need to identify a target audience, decide on materials and the shape of the packaging and consider price and the distribution of the sweets.

No comments:

Post a Comment