Wednesday 5 April 2017

up yer sleeve / initial ideas

My initial thoughts for this project were to create something abstract that captured the sound and genre of the music. As this is a relatively small brief I don't want to spend no longer than a few days on development.

I looked into Baugasm's photos on Instagram - a designer who is creating a poster every day for a year. His style is very abstract and interesting, creating a very strange atmosphere and mood to a lot of his posters.


He uses a lot of bright, complementary colours mainly in gradients which are warped and distorted to create something completely abstract. I tried applying this technique to my own design for Your Love. I used quite a few pink colours and played around with different modes such as blur, gradients, and brushes.




Being new to abstract work trying to gauge when something is considered 'good' is quite difficult. I decided that I would develop this further after receiving feedback resulted in being told it looked like an 'ear' or a 'medical leaflet from the mid 90s'.

No comments:

Post a Comment